GET PAID TO PLAY BIG CHESS, BIG LEGO, TUG OF WAR, and many more!
Garden Games is seeking to grow its casual team to provide fun and active times for all who play.
Our Garden Games Playmaker position is a casual role in providing games to play and conducting activities at events big and small.
Garden Games Playmakers will be tasked with upcoming events especially on 7-9 October. The position will require weekend work days and evenings and occasional weekday work.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ensure the play area is a safe and inclusive playground, be present in the play area and organizing and playing large games with 20+ players and be a role model.
- Activity Game Time – lead groups of players in skills building, cooperative games and relay races and challenges
- Ensuring play area is clean and attractive for players and visitors.
- Supervision of Play Area
- Promotion of Garden Games services and packages
- Promote the ideals of ‘Play’ and its benefits
- Delivery, Setting up and Packing up of games.
Offsite Duties include
- Packing and unpacking games
- Delivery and collection of games throughout Sydney
- Demonstrated experience leading and/or teaching groups of children and adults with the ability to engage and encourage
- Motivated self-starter with strong interpersonal communication skills, both oral and written
- Humorous and playful with ability to set clear goals and follow through with flexible and creative problem solving tools
- Conceptual ability for the larger perspective with a strong attention to detail and multitasking
- Experience interacting with diverse communities
- Access to reliable transportation (public transportation or personal transport) to/from various locations in Sydney
- Candidates must hold a working with children check
- Full licence including ability to drive manual vehicle
- Social Media Skills – Instagram/ Facebook
- First Aid Certificate
Benefits of being an Garden Games Playmaker with us
- Develop leadership skills and gain valuable experience for a career in education and youth development
- Make a lasting difference in other peoples lives and your community
Above award wages will be provided. Bonuses for demonstrated initiative and additional skills.
Typical physical and mental demands:
Garden Games Playmakers are required to frequently balance, bend, climb, grasp, kneel, reach, sit, squat, stand, stoop, twist, walk, and write on a daily basis. Playmakers must also be able to occasionally lift and carry light to medium loads of 10 – 30 kilograms, and be able to occasionally pull and push loads of 10-60kilograms with trolley when setting up games.
Requires a normal range of hearing and eyesight to communicate with children and adults. Also requires flexibility to readily adapt to a changing environment.
- Email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter. Note that a cover letter is required for review. Please include 3 references in your cover letter.
- Candidates selected for an interview will be notified by phone.
Garden Games is an equal opportunity employer.